Saturday, July 26, 2008

Grilled Chicken

Oops! Long time no blog... Sorry ya'll I've been busy at work and then when I get home I just haven't felt like writing. Until now suddenly at 1:30am I am in the mood to write so I'll post several things.
Friday, July 18th I fixed supper for my parents. It was some kind of trade off if I remember correctly. Mom didn't want to cook supper and I didn't want to mow the yard or something like that, but anyways it resulted in us swapping places. I decided to fix one of my all time favorites, grilled chicken with bacon and cheese. Sorry I don't have a fancy name for it. But it consists of a marinated chicken breast nicely grilled then topped with a few strips of bacon then cheese melted over that. I chose to make my own marinade for the chicken as I love experimenting with different flavors. I made a concoction of lemon juice, EVOO, soy sauce, and honey, with a few spices thrown in, it tasted good! Kind of tangy with a smooth sweet and sour kick. I used some of the bacon my sister and brother-in-law were so kind to bring down from their farm and it is good! I covered it in blackpepper before cooking it crisp, then set it aside. Monterey Jack cheese was the only type we had in a block so I sliced some pieces off of that to melt over it.
The chicken turned out decently. The bacon wasn't as crisp as I would have liked, but it was edible. The cheese melted perfectly, I credit this to my slicing it extra thin and watching it closely while cooking. As a whole the dish was tasty and filling but not something I'd want to serve royalty as they might choke from that much cholesterol!
Happy Eating!
"Chef" Slade

No comments: